Monday, August 03, 2009

Idaho… our future place of residence!

So people are always raggin on Idaho and iwanna put an end to it once and for all. It’s not their fault they have a potato museum… ok honestly who in the world has a potato museum?! Anyways, it’s also not their fault that they are next to Wyoming… arguably the most boring state in the U.S. (its right up there with Montana though). Nevertheless I think someday we will end up in Victor Idaho, home to one blinking traffic light, one milkshake shop, one school which is K-12, and one of the coolest cabins EVER!

These are the peeps who made it to the cabin: Brian Allphin, Sarah Barlow, Elliot Hales, Emily Hales, Braden Hardisty, Daniel McKinley, Jessie McKinley, Caleb Perkins, Lauren Perkins, and Daveman Wangsgard (in alphabetical order so nobody gets mad). We drove up to the Crandall family cabin Thursday night and got there at one in the morning. What a surprise when we found that everybody else was already playing ticket to ride, they are addicted… just like Emily and diet coke! We got up and went to the lake and me, bri, and braden were the only MEN who jumped off the dock! It was awesome, and freezing.

We rode the wave runner, even jess did, don’t worry we went real slow. Max loved his first time on a wave runner! We rode the knee board, and best of all we tipped over anybody paddling in the canoe. Daveman did a few backflips for us, showing off for his girl, while I sat on the beach reading the newest book “Ender’s Game.” It’s great so far! My daddio recommended it to us. Real books are soooo much funner and easier to read than text books! Holy cow text books suck!

After getting back to the cabin the games were on (almost like the hunger games!) and all the guys, plus caleb, got dressed in our paintball gear. I hit braden 3 times, daveman 4 times, nian once or twice or 8 times, elliot a couple times, and even though caleb was the biggest one playing I couldn’t hit him once! I was voted most improved by the guys. nian was voted most wussy, and the other guys were honorable mention.

and this ice cream shop found a more innovative way to serve their cones--hooray for victor!

We got back and the girls had painted their nails, such a girly thing to do! Then we cooked steaks and played way too much ticket to ride. Jessie won two games in a row by one point each time. Caleb was the one that lost by that one point. The next morning we went into Jackson and messed around for a while. What a cool arch made out of antlers eh?

Makes you wanna go watch Charlotte’s Web eh?

After deliberating for about an hour we decided to go tubin down the Snake River. It was sweet. Freezing, but sweet. Jessie decided Max would be safer on shore so she sat out with Emily and Lauren. Max would have come out as a little Eskimo so it’s probably a good thing she didn’t get into the glacier-fed river. Ok, but im only exaggerating a little bit. After we were done, Elliot turned into a caveman and beat up a poor defenseless garter snake that didn't even have teeth and had just eaten. i hope you feel tough Elliot.

Then we went home and made barbeque chicken. Can I be the first to commend daveman on basting those chicken breasts perfectly?! Haha, he complained the whole time that he would have to marry someone that knows how to cook because he knows nothing about it. He’ll learn! Then we flew down to the second coolest town in Idaho… Driggs. Population = enough to fill the drive-in on a Saturday night. We watched The Proposal and Terminator Salvation. Can I say how low the standards for movie ratings have dropped?!!! It is ridiculous how bad movies are these days. But I do have a secret weakness for Terminator, all the fighting and manliness, and cool story and everything… Jessie fell asleep after about 5 minutes.

So you all thought we were done having to deal with mice right? Well… not quite yet. I was in the bathroom and I heard the most terrifying high-pitched scream (from caleb) and I ran out to jess and Lauren saying they just saw a mouse. Caleb looked hilarious with his marshmallow roaster as a spear to kill the mouse with! After chasing it around the living room, it ran into my box, we threw our boxes at it, it got scared and had a heart attack. When it was twitching on the ground both jess and Lauren yell out “oh guys you killed it” in a sort of disappointed, sad tone. We thought “are you kidding?” you wanted that thing dead more than we did. Girls will be girls.

The next day was clean up day and we finally got out of there a little after one. So let me tell you about how mad God gets when you don’t go to church! Either that or dave is just a horrible driver! Just out of Pocatello, two hours with me as driver and everything was just peachy. Then I go and let dave drive. It wasn’t five minutes later that his bad driving causes the tire to explode into a thousand million pieces and we had to pull over. Ok, so it was still in one piece, but a very mangled piece (not a mangelson piece, sorry josh and Brittany). We put on the itty bitty donut of a spare tire and continued on at a blazing 55 mph. slowest return trip EVER! so...go to church! But we made it home safely and it felt so good to be home. Now we just need to get a dog so it gets super excited and happy whenever we walk in the door. Sorry elliot and Emily you’re probably really mad right now cuz we could have a dog but we don’t and you have to be depressed to get one. I say you should stay not depressed. Anyway. It was an awesome trip and we are very grateful to everybody for making it a memorable weekend! Thanks friends!!!

6 comments:

  1. wow! what a fun time! (btw, i just finished reading hunger games at 1:30 this morning. it's right up there with ender's game - my running favorite for several years. (actually, ender's shadow is my favorite of the ender books . . . read all of them, they're great!))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danny, you're funny. You made me laugh lots of times!!

    Jess, you're looking GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun and how scary! Having a tire blow is one of my greatest fears. I loved the Mangelson shout out. It's such a uh...interesting name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danny did you write this?! This post was so funny to me, good job! I'm sorry about your tire! You think it's cuz we didn't go to church but I think it's cuz you needed another sweet story to tell your students about what happens when you don't go to church. Thanks for the good times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh don't you worry, I'm already having to hold me breath every time I bend over or anything like that! Can't wait till I have to give it up completely haha! Yikes! :) Thanks for the info on cribs, as far as bedding goes... I haven't even looked.... my mother in law is going to make it so I just need to go check out fabric -although there is NO WHERE to do that here in memphis (not sure why)! Anyway, we'll have to get together when I get back and brainstorm some cute boy ideas. The world provides none being that every has just decided that all babies are girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU ARE SUCH A JERK!!!!!!!!! CAN I SAY THAT THIS POST IS 30% ACCURATE ABOUT EVERYTHING. REALLY SCREAM LIKE A GIRL.....MY VOICEBOX CAN'T GO THAT HIGH. I AM A MAN DANNY. AND I WAS THE BEST PLAYER OUT THERE REMEMBER HOW I SHOT YOU AND YOU DIDNT SHOOT ME? INTERESTING. I AM SO GOING TO BLOG AGAINST YOU. GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HUH !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete