Wednesday, August 21, 2013

they are big kids now.

About a month before we decided to get bunk beds, the kids were coming into our room every single night. That gets old. (In case you didn't know!) Trying to cram four people in a queen size bed is just not right. After talking to a lot of people, and using my own intuition, we thought it might be time to get them into some "big kid beds." The thought was a little terrifying, but we took the plunge and haven't looked back since! (It hasn't all been rosy since we set them up...they still sneak into our room plenty. But the last four nights they have stayed in their beds all night (knock on wood!!) and I'm guessing it's due to the fact that our lives are slowly returning to normal. (It has been a crazy summer!)

//Before. Such a mess!!//

Thankfully, we were able to get hand-me-down bed frames from my parents & aunt which I love. We purchased some twin mattresses from Costco while they were on sale so we were able to save a good chunk of change. My mom also lent me bedding until I decide on the direction I want to take their shared room. (Thanks mom!)



For now, we decided to set them up side by side. We thought we'd slowly ease them into it. Plus, we still need to buy something to keep Max from rolling off the bed. That could be disastrous :) But the kids don't know any different yet and they are smitten with their new beds.




Can't believe they are old enough for this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment