Wednesday, June 11, 2014

memorial day

I've never really appreciated Memorial Day. Until this year! My love for family history has got me excited to visit the graves of those who have gone on before us & since we were up in Layton over the weekend, thought it would be the perfect time to visit Danny's Grandma's grave.

She is buried in the Kaysville cemetery, and bonus! Their Memorial day program included Elder L. Tom Perry as the guest speaker. It was hot & the kids weren't super interested...but what I was able to hear was really great & inspiring. So awesome to be in the presence of an apostle of the Lord.


Max is such a sweetheart and wanted to make sure that we brought flowers for her grave. (He actually wanted to put flowers on all the graves...or at least the ones without any flowers). 


I never met Grandma Kay/Katie (she passed away when Danny was 1), but I have been uploading TONS of pictures of her onto FamilySearch & I feel like I know her a little better now. Funny how studying the lives of our ancestors will do that to ya :) Maybe you should give it a try!



Since Grandma Kay's absolute favorite treat was a vanilla cone from DQ, Grandma Debbie took us all out for a special treat later that day. I call it sneak family history! Thanks again Mom for making it such a fun, special day for us!


And lastly, the competition continues! Grandpa was supposed to vote on which baby was the most handsome, but he responded with, "Do I have to answer that?" Well played, Grandpa ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment