Friday, October 29, 2010

the help


i just finished reading one of the best books that i have ever read.

i absolutely loved it.

i realize that the help has been on just about every best-selling list out there...but it is for a reason. i could not put it down {ask danny}!

i love reading about the history of the blacks/segregation/white + black women who fought for what they really believed in so this book was right up my alley.
{other must reads: to kill a mockingbird + the secret life of bees}

so. if you are looking for something amazing to curl up with on these chilly fall days, i highly recommend this book.

5 comments:

  1. I'll have to pick this one up! i'm on the lookout for a good book to read. The last book I read was The Book Thief. It might be one of my favorite books. It was so creative, so interesting, I have never read a book like it. The story takes place in Nazi Germany and the narrator is Death. It follows this young girl around (who escaped death 3 times) and tells the story of her experiences with her family (and other stuff I don't want to spoil...) and a Jewish fist fighter. Any who- if you're looking for something else to read I would recommend this one. I think you would really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. obsessed with this book. took it with me on vacation in august thinking it would fill up my entire week since it was pretty large....ha finished it in a couple days i couldnt put it down! if you have any more book suggestions please share im always looking for a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked it!! It was definitely my favorite book this summer. We are reading it in a couple months for our book club! (I joined a book club ha ha) Wish we were closer so we could talk about it more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I JUST bought this on Amazon yesterday...it's on it's way to me and I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just started this, i'm about 50 pages in. so excited!

    ReplyDelete