Saturday, June 27, 2015

the last night.

Our last night sleeping in Nephi was bittersweet. 

I loved it there. I hated it there. I had SUCH mixed emotions about that little town. Overall, it was an incredible experience. One that I would never change. The people in our ward were some of the greatest people I have ever met. They were so incredibly service-oriented, and work harder than I ever have. They were so kind to us & welcomed us into the ward.

We had multiple callings while living in Nephi. Danny started out as one of the Gospel Doctrine teachers & finished up in the Elders Quorum Presidency. I started out as the 11-12 year old girls Primary teacher, then worked in the YW's as a Beehive teacher, and ended up teaching the Family History class! 

I helped to start back up the summer reading program at the city library, and I tried starting a Mother's Club (but didn't work out quite as I envisioned). We walked/rode bikes up & down just about every street there is in Nephi & made some wonderful friends. 

The seminary program was awesome & the kids were just as great! Danny couldn't have asked for a better place to begin teaching as a full-time seminary teacher. Our area director, Dave Walton, is honestly one of our favorite people in the world & was so incredibly sincere and genuine when helping us with all of our life questions. 

Max and Avery were able to take dance/guys on the go from an outstanding teacher (there is no one quite like her & I'm still sad that Avery doesn't go to her anymore!) And they grew up around the corner from their Nephi "grandparents," the Memmotts, who are some of our dearest friends. We spent many Sunday evenings at their home, reading stories, playing with Legos, eating an assortment of yummy treats. It was wonderful!

We learned so much by fixing up our little 1920's bungalow (that home will always have a special place in my heart!) and again, were touched by the selflessness of so many around us to help with whatever project we were working on.

As I tucked the kids in bed that night, on September 15, 2014, I thought about all the good times. All the hard times. And how grateful I am for a loving Savior who knows us better than we know ourselves. He knew we needed that experience, and looking back, I know it too! 
What a beautiful life it is.




No comments:

Post a Comment