Tuesday, January 03, 2012

evolution

one of my biggest goals last year was to work on fixing up our home.  there was {and still is!} plenty to be done but we have come a loooong way from the first time we stepped foot in our little place.

over the next few days, i'm going to have an extreme home make-over: mckinley edition :)  
taking you step-by-step through the evolution of the kitchen.

the kitchen has been our main focus mostly because i spend a lot of time there.  i wanted a space that i loved to be in...and what we started with was something almost frightening.

see for yourself:
mis-matched cabinets had to go
kitchen scissors attached to the wall (!!!)

random single cabinet seemed out of place
stove was from the dark ages
one foot of counter space next to the oven was ghetto...believe me.
oh, and the wallpaper!!! it was everywhere.  covering the walls + ceiling!!  layers and layers of it too.

frilly curtains...not my style :)
wallpaper under the windows in the mudroom

the pieced together backsplash was a definite eye-sore
fluorescent lighting is not a favorite of mine
...and the faucet was un-stable.  as in, it moved every time you turned it on.  awesome! :)



would you agree with me?
something needed to be done!

get ready for tomorrow's next installment of pictures :)

p.s. i'm wanting to enable comments again on my blog but i can't seem to figure it out.
any pointers??  jessie.lynn.george@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you figured out the comments thing! I was really curious why you disabled them? But yay, I can comment again...hope everything is going well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO so soooo exciting!!!

    (and you're a brave woman to see the end goal through projects because I would run like mad! I hope I have some guts doing our on projects when we are FINALLY in our own home...aka never lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly wait to see what you've done!

    And hooray for turning on comments!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so excited for the next installment. You've got me on the edge of my seat!

    ReplyDelete